Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just in case Baylor wasn't good enough....

I have hypoglycemia. It was becoming increasingly difficult to eat in the cafeteria. I can't have any sugar or white flour based products or high carb products. When I was kind of at the tipping point we called the Food services at Baylor and told them the whole deal. Well I went and met with the man in charge of food at Collins... AND... get this: They are totally making the cafeteria work for ME!

-They ordered sugar free jello to put out so I can now have dessert too!
-One lady ordered some fresh fruit (I can't eat canned) and she cuts it up and has it ready for me every day
-I email them every day 30 minutes before I'm coming and tell them what I need and whether I need it to go or in house.
-They gave me copies of the meal cycles with the meals that I CAN eat highlighted.
-They gave me an information guide with what in Collins is 1% sugar or less.

AMAZING. I'm telling you AMAZING. I know for a fact that no state school will work with you on this and also several private universities in texas won't either. I can't believe how fortunate I am to be going to this amazing university. I love Baylor. and I'm so glad God has so much forsight and placed me here. He is always so gracious to take care of all of our needs =)

Sic 'Em Bears!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home