what a weekend! Chi Alpha was great...
Today was just a whirlwind of amazing things. It started out with an amazing sermon on the part of Pastor Toby. He totally tied several things in that he didn't have to but it really showed me a lot about his character and personal walk. Then I went to a wedding shower for my friend and we had a blast catching up (she moved to dallas a few months ago) Then I went to the Disciple-Now rally. Whoa!!! The worship was fun. =) The speaker....incredible. I've never agreed with someone so much in my entire life (well besides my parents haha) I chased him (literally) out the door so that I could get his website info. It was a major prayer request of mine that God would show me where to go this summer. Or at least make it work out even if I wasn't sure until the last minute. The Turkey thing was just falling through the cracks every time I pursued it...and then tonight...when J.R. started talking about all the teams that send out I was like...yep that's where I need to go. I especially like one line in particular, "The Great Commission will never be fulfilled by people who 'play it safe.' " I think that is profound. I'm thrilled that he had the boldness to stand up and tell a room full of believers that Christianity is not about safety but about spreading God's glory thoughout the Earth. I feel so at peace about this summer. Do I have a clue where I'm going? No. But I know how I'm getting there...wherever there is. Oh and if you haven't read it...you should read this book about Adernay (sp?) Judson and his wife Anne. They went to Burma (now Myanmar) and they're amazing. I came home and told my parents and they just laughed at me and I couldn't figure it out. then they pointed to the book on the mantle and said "look." So I open the front cover and it's Judson's wife's account of their lives. How random is that? I didn't even know about a book that I had!!! sheesh. anyways...needless to say..God is incredible.
Today was just a whirlwind of amazing things. It started out with an amazing sermon on the part of Pastor Toby. He totally tied several things in that he didn't have to but it really showed me a lot about his character and personal walk. Then I went to a wedding shower for my friend and we had a blast catching up (she moved to dallas a few months ago) Then I went to the Disciple-Now rally. Whoa!!! The worship was fun. =) The speaker....incredible. I've never agreed with someone so much in my entire life (well besides my parents haha) I chased him (literally) out the door so that I could get his website info. It was a major prayer request of mine that God would show me where to go this summer. Or at least make it work out even if I wasn't sure until the last minute. The Turkey thing was just falling through the cracks every time I pursued it...and then tonight...when J.R. started talking about all the teams that send out I was like...yep that's where I need to go. I especially like one line in particular, "The Great Commission will never be fulfilled by people who 'play it safe.' " I think that is profound. I'm thrilled that he had the boldness to stand up and tell a room full of believers that Christianity is not about safety but about spreading God's glory thoughout the Earth. I feel so at peace about this summer. Do I have a clue where I'm going? No. But I know how I'm getting there...wherever there is. Oh and if you haven't read it...you should read this book about Adernay (sp?) Judson and his wife Anne. They went to Burma (now Myanmar) and they're amazing. I came home and told my parents and they just laughed at me and I couldn't figure it out. then they pointed to the book on the mantle and said "look." So I open the front cover and it's Judson's wife's account of their lives. How random is that? I didn't even know about a book that I had!!! sheesh. anyways...needless to say..God is incredible.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home