So.. I think waco has decided that today is winter. Yesterday wasn't. And tomorrow might not be. But for today, it's 39. Brr! I love it! As goofy college students, of course we made hot chocolate and sang christmas carols. So fun! Today has been beautiful, even though it was such a monday! The sky is amazingly blue and everything just seems gorgeous when the air is a little colder. Hopefully the clouds won't cover up the stars tonight like they did yesterday! I pulled out my down comforter this weekend and let me just say.. this morning I did NOT want to get out from under it!
Tony Evans spoke in chapel this morning. Amazing. He's such a God-gifted man. It was cool to hear him this morning and know that he was heading to washington monday to brief President Bush about faith-based initiatives. AWESOME!
Yesterday Mike gave a barn-burner of a sermon. But a subtle one. so subtle, I almost didn't catch it. The series is on Esther (and I was like.. yeah what am I going to learn from this story!? I've heard it a hundred times) but then after he talked about Haman's "fatal flaw" and then compared the story with Naman. WOW! How did he think of that?! So yesterday I learned that everyone does stupid stuff.. but it's VERY important that you listen to those around you and take other people's advice (like Naman chose to do) because if you continue in your pride (like Haman did), you'll be "hung on the gallows you built for someone else." The comparison was really cool and I'm so glad God chose it to speak to my heart =)
Have a fabulous week!
Tony Evans spoke in chapel this morning. Amazing. He's such a God-gifted man. It was cool to hear him this morning and know that he was heading to washington monday to brief President Bush about faith-based initiatives. AWESOME!
Yesterday Mike gave a barn-burner of a sermon. But a subtle one. so subtle, I almost didn't catch it. The series is on Esther (and I was like.. yeah what am I going to learn from this story!? I've heard it a hundred times) but then after he talked about Haman's "fatal flaw" and then compared the story with Naman. WOW! How did he think of that?! So yesterday I learned that everyone does stupid stuff.. but it's VERY important that you listen to those around you and take other people's advice (like Naman chose to do) because if you continue in your pride (like Haman did), you'll be "hung on the gallows you built for someone else." The comparison was really cool and I'm so glad God chose it to speak to my heart =)
Have a fabulous week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home