Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Friday, June 18, 2004

Another fun story! I have a lot of these and I don't know why I never share them...guess I'm just selfish =) This happened on Tuesday:

Yesterday, another 3 students rang a doorbell and were greeted by another 18 year old girl. She didn’t even let them introduce themselves before she hurriedly ushered them into her home. Once they were in her home, she didn’t really ask who they were or what they were doing in her neighborhood but she proceeded to tell them that she let them in because of what was on their faces. So, one of girls asked this Lebanese girl if she wanted to know why they were in Beirut. The Lebanese girl smiled and said yes. So, the students told he that they came to bless her, to give her a gift and to tell her about Jesus. The girl interrupted them and acted like that was an epiphanic moment for her… She told the students that she knew exactly why they had come. God had sent them to her. She said that she had a dream last week where she saw herself in a mosque. This girl is like typical university students in Beirut who don’t really practice whatever religion they are born into. She has never been in a mosque and was shocked to see herself in a mosque. The next day this girl called her aunt in Saudi Arabia and asked her what the dream meant. The aunt told the girl that God was speaking to her and that it was for good. That night this same girl had another dream, this time she was in a church (she had never been in church) and she saw Jesus. Two messianic dreams in two days….. The girl proceeded to tell the students as she hugged the Book that they had given her that she wanted a Bible but didn’t know how to get one and she cant believe that God would have sent students from America to give her a book. Wow. She promised that she would read because she knew that God was speaking to her.

How much super fun is that?! I swam today instead of working. Fun day =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home