aw man. I totally slept on my own pillow for the first time in a few days and I have some serious neck issues. I woke up this morning and I thought I had pulled a muscle again. Owww! I went outside a sec ago to see how my sis and her friend were doing (they're in the pool) and I got a royal splash-down. dang. Now I'm in the AC and it's coooold! =# (that's my teeth chattering..)
This afternoon when we went and ate at Backyard Burgers we ran into the lady who lived in our house while we were in Beirut! She and her husband are moving to Lebanon in October. I'm sooo jealous! I told her I'd give her the number and email address of my lang. tutor. That's so not fair. They just got back from a few weeks in turkey and beirut. NO FAIR! they still have a year to go in ATS (that's Antioch's missionary training program) but still. By that time I will be in the middle of my fresh. year at college. ugh. I think sometimes that I will just skip college altogether and just head on overseas. I mean seriously what am I going to do in college? It's an entire 4 years that costs a TON and all I want to do is get overseas. Surely I could go without a degree and then when I get there figure out what would best add to their economy and train for that field. wouldn't that make more sense than getting a degree not knowing what country I will be working in? and then getting there with my expensive degree that doesn't help them at all?? It's not like there's a career that I'm excited about...I'm just trying to find something that's universal and would value-add to any society. *sigh* too bad my parents agree with me on both counts. Now I have to make a real decision....
This afternoon when we went and ate at Backyard Burgers we ran into the lady who lived in our house while we were in Beirut! She and her husband are moving to Lebanon in October. I'm sooo jealous! I told her I'd give her the number and email address of my lang. tutor. That's so not fair. They just got back from a few weeks in turkey and beirut. NO FAIR! they still have a year to go in ATS (that's Antioch's missionary training program) but still. By that time I will be in the middle of my fresh. year at college. ugh. I think sometimes that I will just skip college altogether and just head on overseas. I mean seriously what am I going to do in college? It's an entire 4 years that costs a TON and all I want to do is get overseas. Surely I could go without a degree and then when I get there figure out what would best add to their economy and train for that field. wouldn't that make more sense than getting a degree not knowing what country I will be working in? and then getting there with my expensive degree that doesn't help them at all?? It's not like there's a career that I'm excited about...I'm just trying to find something that's universal and would value-add to any society. *sigh* too bad my parents agree with me on both counts. Now I have to make a real decision....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home