yesterday my dad asked me to go to a charity dinner with him in houston. Caleb was out of town (and then ended up not going..jerk!) so I was like sure. (thinking that it would be extremely boring but I'll have something to do so it's all good...) so we leave for houston at like 1:30 and get there in time for the silent auction. It's okay..nothing I really want (or can afford good gosh!) but hey we're there with all these snobby rich houston people and I must say I loved the dress I was wearing and so I had fun looking better than snobby people. haha. What can I say..sometimes it's fun to be snobby too =) So we finally sit down to the dinner/program and the couple to my left are both spanish teachers at Houston Baptist and she's from Cuba. They were so awesome. I think they were actually presbyterian but we had a really long talk about languages and missions. and he actually started out teaching french so he was really awesome. So the program was actually really good and my dad forgot to mention to me that the music would be done by none other than: CAEDMON'S CALL!!!!! Oh my word! I had no idea they were coming and they totally rocked. They're so creative and I love the way they try and put different cultures' music into theirs too. It was totally awesome. We ended up leaving at like 10:30ish and had a really good discussion on the way home. Until we hit the thunderstorm... holy cow... driving without being able to see really is NOT a good thing. I've never been so thankful for the reflectors on the stripes. Seriously I just followed the reflectors. I've never felt so blind in my whole life. It was incredible. anyway, all that to say it was really cool!!! now i'm going to go by some caedmon's call cds. =) haha..
Previous Posts
- soooo... crap day numero dos! chewed out by two te...
- I want my mom to feel better!!!! Ahh!! I'm so sad ...
- life is good. ya know? I was just sitting here wai...
- so chorus practice for my fair lady is taking up m...
- I hate my stomach!!! (and i'm not talking about th...
- chorus practice got cancelled..sad..kind of...but ...
- wow busy (four letter word...) day! leaving the ho...
- wow blogger let me sign in! It's been mean all day...
- another beautiful day! gosh it's so gorgeous outsi...
- Meaghann is making me a cake because I passed Long...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home