Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Hm. Blogger has changed yet again. I can't handle too much more change..it's killing me! Anyways...so about camp. I didn't come home with a so called spiritual high...just a renewal of focus.  I learned so much about worship not being catered to fit me. That worship is not about me...it's about God. Even though I didn't like the band...and the concert of prayer was somewhat disappointing I still feel like much was accomplished in terms of being prayed for etc.  The truth is that since worship is not for us...it shouldn't be about us or catered to us. I loved worshipping in other ways like not through music (even though I am a music freak) I really enjoyed listening to the guy read his Bible from his keyboard. That was kinda cool in a way cuz worship tends to be all singing and I sometimes wonder if people that don't like singing or can't sing don't like "worship." Cool stuff though. The concert again showed me how much I actually enjoy praying and how much there is to pray for on a daily basis. I was challenged to pray that much every day..why not..it was fun!  Nothing different about camp..I should do the same things here..not just at camp. I love how low key camp was this year...no jumping at the front..less "emotional" crap (I hate that stuff when people just get so into it but only once a year of course)...not a name band, different concert of prayer etc. It was so much more genuine this year than any other year I've ever been.  Amazing.
Now I'm making a mad dash to get all my laundry done, unpack and repack, and get all the things that Annie wants me to bring...before Tuesday morning! ahhhh!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home