So I had this "ah ha" moment this morning in church. Well a couple of weeks ago I was really frustrated with the worship style. And today I found myself wondering how I could be so incredibly selfish! How could I sit there and complain about the music? I think it's interesting that we, as youth, will sing Come Thou Fount if David Crowder is leading it, but we won't sing it if Chris Wommack leads it. (because the music is slower) How can I be so selfish that I decide what the music has to be like? Aren't the words the same? Aren't we still praising God? Then why does the music even matter at all? I'm sure there are believers all around the world who have to sing while they are in chains...sitting down...and I'm sure there are believers who can't even sing out loud at all because of persecution so how can I be so selfish as to picking the beat or whether I sit or stand?!? So that was my epiphany. So this morning during worship I really concentrated on the words...not the music style and it was amazing how easy it was to sing all the old hymns. They're really great...I don't care what they sound like the words are amazing.
Previous Posts
- filled up my car this afternoon...wow it hurt to t...
- about to go eat chinese food with some buds. I lo...
- I NEVER thought I'd say this but I think I've had...
- Hello! So this morning I got up pretty early to go...
- Hey! I have to type like mad because I've got to b...
- This is NOTHING aimed at anyone. I promise. It's j...
- So I just read my last post...I sound like everyth...
- K so my sister has this friend of hers staying wit...
- Have you ever thought about how good rain smells? ...
- hey hey! What an awesome day! Friends are so aweso...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home