I got to talk to my friend who lives in Beirut today for like 45 minutes. She's back in Georgia visiting her family so I called her to see how she was. Rita is an amazing woman. I loved talking to her. Just about the summer and what was going on back in Beirut and how everyone was...Oh it was so fun. I miss Beirut so much. I miss speaking Arabic and being with the Lebanese (women that is...I could pass on those sketchy guys.) I miss working with the team everyday and hanging out with this older couple that was hysterical. I miss coffee at Starbucks on the corniche overlooking pigeon rock. I miss the newspaper stand where I used to go and talk with the owner's mother and just ask her about her family. I miss being with people who were soley concerned with relationships...forget time and sucess and money...they really wanted to know how you were. *sigh* back to the states....
Previous Posts
- Tuesday night.....blah......how boring. This week ...
- I LOVE elf! it's so great. mmmm...it makes me all ...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER! ---or was it Friday....?! =)...
- After thanksgiving...when all is said and done (or...
- Happy Turkey Day!
- ahh the long awaited Thanksgiving. I'm still waiti...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACEY!!!!!! YAY FOR BEING 17!!! D...
- Oh my word I love the harvest dinner at our church...
- what a day! man! I got up this morning at 9 threw ...
- It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday! yayyy!!!! I...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home