Oh my word I love the harvest dinner at our church! It's so good! I had like one of everything. mmm! And then there was of course lime pie and pumpkin pie. Whoa! It's all so great. The key is one bite of everything. Then you don't eat too much but you still get to eat everything!!!! haha....and trust me...this is coming from an expert at the church dinners. =) hahaha.
Thanksgiving is so much fun. I love hanging out with my family. We cook all day the day before and my mom and I usually make like 2 pies and about 3 or 4 casseroles. Then we drive up to my great aunts (or somebody that I'm related to) and then JT and Anne and I play pool until the football game comes on then we watch that....and then we get all the food out for lunch/dinner....you never know what time it is...usually about 3 or 4.... and then we eat! and oh the food! there's dove wrapped in bacon stuffed with jalapenos! and 2 kinds of turkey (southwestern and regular!)...and 3 kinds of dressing (oyster, jalapeno, and regular!)...all the casseroles that go with thanksgiving and then 5 kinds of pie (chiffon, key lime, pumpkin, pecan, and chocolate!) and a chocolate cake and banana pudding!!!! dude i'm hungry just thinking about it!....oh i'm so excited just thinking about it! And this year we're doing a shrimp bisque as an appetizer. wow what a great holiday! then we come home and then next morning we go up in the attic and bring out all the christmas stuff and decorate the house to manheim steamroller music (which we've done since I was born!) I love holidays. They're just wonderful! (of course none of this description included the usual family arguments that make holidays complete.... but then you wouldn't want to hear about those!)........anyways....it's so cold outside and I love it! I think I'm going to curl up with a movie and some hot chocolate since there's a fire in the fireplace just begging to be enjoyed! later!
Thanksgiving is so much fun. I love hanging out with my family. We cook all day the day before and my mom and I usually make like 2 pies and about 3 or 4 casseroles. Then we drive up to my great aunts (or somebody that I'm related to) and then JT and Anne and I play pool until the football game comes on then we watch that....and then we get all the food out for lunch/dinner....you never know what time it is...usually about 3 or 4.... and then we eat! and oh the food! there's dove wrapped in bacon stuffed with jalapenos! and 2 kinds of turkey (southwestern and regular!)...and 3 kinds of dressing (oyster, jalapeno, and regular!)...all the casseroles that go with thanksgiving and then 5 kinds of pie (chiffon, key lime, pumpkin, pecan, and chocolate!) and a chocolate cake and banana pudding!!!! dude i'm hungry just thinking about it!....oh i'm so excited just thinking about it! And this year we're doing a shrimp bisque as an appetizer. wow what a great holiday! then we come home and then next morning we go up in the attic and bring out all the christmas stuff and decorate the house to manheim steamroller music (which we've done since I was born!) I love holidays. They're just wonderful! (of course none of this description included the usual family arguments that make holidays complete.... but then you wouldn't want to hear about those!)........anyways....it's so cold outside and I love it! I think I'm going to curl up with a movie and some hot chocolate since there's a fire in the fireplace just begging to be enjoyed! later!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home