Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Lots of things happened today. This morning's sermon was incredible. The sunday school teachers were amazing ;) haha (it was my mom and dad) My grandmother came for a few days. I went to a friend's house for a lifegroup smallgroup homegroup whatever you want to call it. And then the revival tonight started. And 5 minutes before I left my great-grandmother, Munna, died. (but don't worry she was 94 and she died instantly from her heart stopping so it really was a good thing!)

I've always loved my family. Sure there are times when my sister and I argue over clothes and junk but seriously I've always loved them. Tonight really put all of that in perspective. As Neil talked about fathers leading out and being examples to their kids I realized that I could ask for no one better than my dad. Through all kinds of crazy stuff my dad has been amazing. And it just gave me goose bumps to hear Neil talk about how kids follow their fathers....and if their father is modeling Christ then you will, in modeling your dad, be modeling Christ. I just love my dad. And my mom too. She's so wise! their relationship in Christ is such an example to me and I just feel like I owe so much to them ya know?

Also I realized how judgemental I am. I even talked to Tyler about it before we went to the service and I STILL was judgemental during the service. I talked to my mom after the service about how I was just really bothered by the worship leaders. It just felt so fake. And she kinda looked at me funny and said, "Well I've talked to Neil and they're the real deal." So you know what? I'm a jerk. They are wonderful, strong believers who were genuinely worshipping Christ and I completely looked at their worship (not participated in but looked at) their woship to God (NOT to me) and judged it. Even when Neil sang the song in the middle of his sermon and said you know what it doesn't matter if you like my singing because "it was not for you." I still didn't even get it. *sigh* I always wonder how God puts up with slowpokes like me. Guess I'll just have to keep ploddin along. I wish I learned faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home