I was thinking today about how passionless most of our lives are. And truthfully I was really sad about how without passion I am. In turkey the preacher was talking to us about our testimonies and he said he had heard someone say, "well my testimony is boring." and his response was that he didn't know who on earth they had met because it couldn't have possibly been Jesus. Any encounter with Jesus is anything BUT boring. And I realized how absolutely true that was. I kind of feel like I'm wasting my time/life on stupid stuff and living without passion.... so I discovered this book... here's an excerpt:
"I will tell you what a tragedy is. I will show you how to waste your life. Consider this story from the February 1998 Reader's Digest: A couple took early retirement from their jobs in the Northeast five years ago when he was 59 and she was 51. Now they live in Punta Gorda, Florida, where they cruis on their 30-foot trawler, play softball and collect shells...' Picture them before Christ at the great day of judgment: 'Look, Lord. See my shells!' That is a tragedy.
Anyway, it's a really good book and very inspiring. I would highly suggest it! Oh and it's called "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. by the way.. =)
"I will tell you what a tragedy is. I will show you how to waste your life. Consider this story from the February 1998 Reader's Digest: A couple took early retirement from their jobs in the Northeast five years ago when he was 59 and she was 51. Now they live in Punta Gorda, Florida, where they cruis on their 30-foot trawler, play softball and collect shells...' Picture them before Christ at the great day of judgment: 'Look, Lord. See my shells!' That is a tragedy.
Anyway, it's a really good book and very inspiring. I would highly suggest it! Oh and it's called "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. by the way.. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home