Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

hey! I just got another email from one of my gals in Beirut and man things are HAPPENING! I'm totally excited (and of course jealous at the same time) I'll just share one of the stories but I'm going to change the names. They've been working in this one really strong Muslim neighborhood for about 8 weeks. They took last week off of distributing Bibles and spent it in prayer for the contacts they had made and for the neighborhood. So Saturday "Jim" (he's from the states) went back to follow-up on a man they had met. We'll call him "Khalil". "Khalil" is a Muslim sheikh. (he's a religious leader who is highly respected) "Jim" shared Christ with "Khalil" and "Khalil" said he was very interested in this Jesus character. "Khalil" told "Jim" that he was not from Lebanon originally but from Africa. So his native language was English. "Khalil" said he had been teaching a group of students (from Lebanon) English and they had been using the Bible. (Isn't that ironic?!) So "Khalil" invited "Jim" to come and teach the students more about the Bible. "Khalil" said this book was very interesting but he didn't understand it so it would be good if "Jim" could explain some things. (Sounds like Phillip and the Ethiopean Eunich doesn't it?!) So for the next week or two "Jim" will be teaching a group of Muslim students (openly!) about the Bible and Jesus. Oh my word you guys, you better fall on your knees and pray for this sheikh and these students! What an opportunity!! I am so pumped for "Jim!" Pray that the Holy Spirit gives him wisdom in teaching. Pray that the students' hearts would be opened as would their eyes. Pray for the area Jim will be teaching in...it's HIGHLY hostile...the sheikh is a Shi'ite Muslim and very radical...so pray for openness. Praise God, huh!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home