Hey hey! Back from camp. My friends are so cool =) They made my birthday so incredibly special (the princess party was the funniest..!) I love you guys! So this week was interesting. I mean usually camp is a "high" but I mean coming from Lebanon it wasn't a "high" as I expected! And you know what? I am really excited about that fact! Because even though I didn't get all emotional it's because my walk with God has been on track and I didn't have to fall out again to get that tingly emotional high thing. That's really neato to me. Matt Chandler was so good at delivering God's word. Man! I mean I was so totally frustrated and angry the first few days and then I was like duh! That's a good thing! If I'm satisfied with where I am spiritually that I'm just being stagnant and settling for something that is not the perfection that I long for in Christ. So frustrated and joyful (as Matt put it) here I am. He talked one day about a man who was a street evengalist. (not the street corner type just always sharing everywhere he went) and it really made me think. Here are 200+ believers who've just been to a Christian youth camp and we go to Hurricane Harbor on Friday. I can tell you right now not one of those 200+ (counselors and staff included) even attempted to share their faith with people at the water park! Why!? Why are we so content to feel good about ourselves while others are going to hell? Why do we go and learn all this stuff about God and then we just write it down and none of it goes into action? Why do we not seize the opportunities that God grants us? We stood in line for 20 minutes on average for each ride with most of the people with us being lost I'm sure. Did I once even talk to one of them about God? Heck no....why am I so satisfied with being stagnant? Why am I so satisfied to take care of myself when people around me are crying out for God's mercy and grace? Why? Because Americans have settled with cultural Christianity and we like nothing better than to feel good about ourselves. Why is that!?
Previous Posts
- WOW! camp is in two hours! WOOHOO! I am so pumped ...
- So much to say because so much is going on.....but...
- I think laundry should be a bad word.
- G'mornin!! Camp is tomorrow!!!!! AHHHH!!!! (not t...
- Hey! I just realized I hadn't written today so I h...
- Hola again! Caitlin without a doubt has the cooles...
- Have you ever just been so mixed up you're not eve...
- HELLO!!!! Will someone please explain to me why ev...
- Back from the dentist and NO laughing gas! yay! I ...
- G'mornin!! Wow I can't believe I'm awake this earl...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home