yay for wednesdays! =) they make the week seem not so long and not so bad. I just love 'em. =) And BOTH projectors worked tonight so that was nice too. hehe.
so tonight i had a WHOLE bunch of h/w. and in fact i haven't even done some english...and i'm not going to do it. but that's okay. i don't mind flunking grammar. it's dumb anyhoo. why is this year so full of h/w?? i'm takin dumb classes so i won't have any...but yet....i have a bunch every night!! eesh
Today I figured out the purpose of my taking math models (ya i know you're laughing) I prayed last year that my year would be more evangelistic, but I didn't know where to start. And I didn't even know who it would be with...I mean when I really started thinking about it I had like 3 friends who weren't believers. Now I have oodles!!! My class has opened my eyes to people who go to Midway who I've never "seen" before. These are kids who've gone to Midway for longer than I have but because I've been in pre ap stuff I've never even noticed them. Guess that shows you how self-centered I am. =/ But! I'm working on it! Because in my class I've talked to my teacher and she's going to visit Woodway on Sunday because her family is still looking for a church. She's already a believer but still. And then I'm thinking about meeting with her once a week, if she will, and praying for my class. I think that would be really good to "target" them. This year has been so good for me so far. Not class wise or homework or any of that. But just becoming mission-minded all the time. I have a real tendency to "take off" whenever I get back to the States. And I decided in Beirut that I really didn't want to lose that amazing closeness with God that comes from being in His will...ie:contantly seeking out others for His kingdom. So I made a goal to be intentional this year about who I prayed for. Not to just pray for the "lost people of Midway" but to meet them and hear about their lives and pray for them by name and pray for their family members by name if possible too. So yay for my stupid class that turned out to have a purpose. Or really...yay for God who keeps me on track and challenges me daily. (well minutely...haha)
so tonight i had a WHOLE bunch of h/w. and in fact i haven't even done some english...and i'm not going to do it. but that's okay. i don't mind flunking grammar. it's dumb anyhoo. why is this year so full of h/w?? i'm takin dumb classes so i won't have any...but yet....i have a bunch every night!! eesh
Today I figured out the purpose of my taking math models (ya i know you're laughing) I prayed last year that my year would be more evangelistic, but I didn't know where to start. And I didn't even know who it would be with...I mean when I really started thinking about it I had like 3 friends who weren't believers. Now I have oodles!!! My class has opened my eyes to people who go to Midway who I've never "seen" before. These are kids who've gone to Midway for longer than I have but because I've been in pre ap stuff I've never even noticed them. Guess that shows you how self-centered I am. =/ But! I'm working on it! Because in my class I've talked to my teacher and she's going to visit Woodway on Sunday because her family is still looking for a church. She's already a believer but still. And then I'm thinking about meeting with her once a week, if she will, and praying for my class. I think that would be really good to "target" them. This year has been so good for me so far. Not class wise or homework or any of that. But just becoming mission-minded all the time. I have a real tendency to "take off" whenever I get back to the States. And I decided in Beirut that I really didn't want to lose that amazing closeness with God that comes from being in His will...ie:contantly seeking out others for His kingdom. So I made a goal to be intentional this year about who I prayed for. Not to just pray for the "lost people of Midway" but to meet them and hear about their lives and pray for them by name and pray for their family members by name if possible too. So yay for my stupid class that turned out to have a purpose. Or really...yay for God who keeps me on track and challenges me daily. (well minutely...haha)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home