Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Sunday, September 07, 2003

SLT was cool. I liked how we actually made real decisions for the whole group. It was neato. =) So youth choir got shot down and that's okay I guess. If it won't fly then it's definately not worth trying but at least we put it in front of other youth people now so like I really know that they don't want to do it, not just bob. I was so tired and sick when I got home I just wanted to go back to bed and die. ha. but I couldn't and I won't get to so I'm wired on sudafed now! (yay for non-drowsy formula and a giant dose of caffeine I just drank)

I drove my grandma to Gatesville today so that she wouldn't have to drive too far from there to get home. I was following my brother who likes to drive 10 over constantly....and we passed 2 cops on the way and both times I was going at least 11 over and they didn't even glance at me. I like today. It's been such a God day. He's totally taken care of so many details that really could've gone wrong. Like all the people's cars in the parking lot who got vandalized while we were gone...mine was left completely alone....and then those cops not messin with me....and several other little things that if I said you would think I was stupid but to me it was a big deal. I'm so glad we can just rely on God. Like I'm not saying I should have been speeding...in fact I deserved a ticket for sure and I wouldn't have been mad if they'd have given me one...but I really have noticed how God's just taken care of stuff this weekend. (My parents have been outta town since thurs in case you didn't know)

When I got back from Beirut there were like 5 HUGE things that I was going to really work towards and like 100 little things. But the 5 were my main focus goals. And I think so far at least 4 of them are in action. God's so cool! When I came back from Beirut I was just finishing reading the New Testament from beginning to end...and then when I finished (which was in mid june) I floundered around for about a week or two just wondering what to read next....sooo...then after talking to Lindsay one day I realized Genesis would be a good place. So now I'm in the middle of Deuteronomy. I'm so excited! I even read thru all that junky Leviticus laws stuff...it made me realize all kinds of things that we were freed from when Christ died from us. I mean we get sick of reading thru them! Just think if we had to keep all of that! Holy cow I would NEVER get close to heaven! So it made me realize yet another thing that I take for granted. So that was good and then just going thru all the background of the old testament has been really good for me. It's hard to remember all that and I keep learning details that I didn't know before like that Ishmael was 15 years older than Isaac! I always thought they were born at about the same time! and how long abraham had to wait for Isaac to be born after God promised him! Wow! It's so fun to learn all this!! Well I better go clean my wreck-of-a-room before my parents get back! bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home