Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Tonight we did True Love Waits at church. As I sat there and listened to the sermon I glanced around the room. Slowly I realized how many of my friends in the youth group (not my super close close friends) that were never going to experience the joys of their marriage. I listened to Bob talk about how this was a kind of sin that never ever left you. Though you ask for forgiveness and God forgives and forgets...we are human and cannot forget. I came home and my parents asked me about the sermon and I explained to them what I just wrote. My dad told me a story about a friend of his and it just made me cry. I am so angry at society for constantly pulling my friends down. For the junk-filled movies that they tempt us with, for the crappy songs on the radio, for the images that we have to see on the tv every day, for the books that are read in my english class...for everything. I hate how Satan is using our culture against believers. How it becomes perfectly normal to not be abstinent anymore...how saving sex for marriage all of sudden becomes unrealistic and idealistic. I came home tonight and literally just cried for believers and everyone else who is just pulled at/stretched in every direction that is away from God. It really makes me sad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home