Mary Marge

"Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more."

Monday, April 12, 2004

Monday and no school....woohoo!!! Too bad it's freezing outside. hm. Well yesterday we met some friends at my grandma's house in Brownwood and it was really fun. They're friends from when we lived in Albania. He still didn't speak any English but that's okay it was fun trying to remember my Albanian. Even though I did terribly. I understood every word they said but I just couldn't say anything back. it was horrible! His wife has learned a lot of English so I could at least talk to her without translating and she could speak back in Albanian...I just couldn't talk. I guess it's because I was too little to learn how to conjugate it or anything like that...I never could write it and I could only read it if I read out-loud and thereby heard it. Sad. It was really really fun to see them though. The more we talked the more stuff I remembered about times that we hung out together. (ha even though they're in their 60s) I used to go over to their apartment and teach her english and she would teach me how to sew and then I would help her cook something. Well really I don't think I helped at all but it was fun anyways. =) Their son was my parents' language tutor but he eventually immigrated to the States and got married and he lives in San Antonio with his wife and son now. That's why his parents were here and they just came up to see us =) It was a blast. I love friends like that...you haven't seen them in 5 or 6 years and it doesn't make a bit of difference...you just pick right up where you left off. and language barriers don't make any difference either...you communicate somehow but nobody really knows how for sure. hm that's fun. well I'm takin Anne to Michaels...what fun! haha. jk. i'm outta here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home